I really don’t have anything to talk about today. I’m really just kind of…here. I hate it when I get like this. It’s like all the creative, interesting things I usually talk about have fled between the time I put my head on the pillow last night and woke up this morning.
So instead of boring you all with a lackluster post, I’m going to challenge you all to a movie quote quiz. I’ll give you a list of quotes and the person who answers the most correctly, will win a book from my personal stash of unreads.
1. “All we are is dust in the wind, dude.”
2. “Why do they call him the Bullet-Dodger?”
“Cause he…dodges bullets, Avi.”
3. “Ever fired your gun in the air and yelled, ‘Aaaaaaaah’?”
4. “We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.”
“I don’t think I was.”
“Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.”
“Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.”
“No, it’s too perilous.”
“Look, it’s my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can. ”
5. “Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!”
6. “My Guatemalan-ness, my natural heat. You’re afraid I’m too primitive to be on the stage with your little estrogen rockettes, right?”
7. “Then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you’ll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 menthol Kools to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs.”
8. “Ask that little Latin boy in drag why he’s crying.”
“Little Latin boy in drag, why are you crying?”
9. “It’s stuck, yes?”
“Back off! You don’t know the components!”
“Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!”
10. “‘Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs…'”
I happen to love all 10 of these movies, if that gives you any hint! Good luck, and I hope some of these made you think!