Now, for those of you who are holding your breath anxiously awaiting my list…There really shouldn’t be much left that you don’t know about me. I mean, I talk about myself and my life all the time. You guys could practically be family! Okay, you can breathe now. Here goes:
1. Not only do I pick up other people’s accents, but I also pick up their laughs. Yes, it’s weird. When I’m with my sister, she and I laugh alike. When I’m with my brother, he and I laugh alike. So what happens if I laugh alone? I do the Mumbly laugh. You know, the hissing laugh? Wait, don’t run!
2. Since graduating from college 10 years ago, I’ve held (wait, let me count) seven jobs, of which I can count Juvenile Clerk of Court, Baby Announcement Operator, Cocktail Waitress on a riverboat cruise, Receptionist, and Substitute Teacher. I’m not doing any of those things now, but all of my past jobs have made me a versatile employee (or at least that’s what I keep telling my bosses!)
3. I love hot food. The hotter the better. Jalapeno peppers, Tobasco sauce, you name it, it’s going on my food in some manner. I went through a stage a couple of summers ago when I put jalapeno peppers on everything from pizza, to hamburgers, to turkey sandwiches.
4. I have hair color ADHD. In the last 2 years, I’ve gone from my natural hair color, to red and blonde streaked hair, to red, black, and blonde streaked hair, to red and black hair. I’m still trying to think of what I’ll do next time I go to the stylist. I’m a woman with many faces!
5. I think Dave Matthews Band and Whitesnake have the sexiest songs ever. Dave Matthews has got the sexiest voice and their lyrics are simple, yet oh, so shiver worthy. Whitesnake on the other hand ooze raw sexuality. They have the kind of songs that make me almost wish I was an exotic dancer (how weird is that???).
6. When I was 10, my brother (who was 4 at the time) and I were playing cars. I used to have to keep him occupied. Anyway, he got up to do something and jumped over my body while I lay on the floor. He landed square on the tip of the middle finger of my left hand, breaking it. It was disgusting and I had to wear a splint six inches long, which hampered my band performance since I played flute at the time. I still remind him of my injured finger when I flip him the bird, bwahahaha.
7. I dislike Celine Dion. No, let me rephrase that. I loathe Celine Dion. I’m sorry for all of you Celine fans out there, but that’s just the way it goes. It could be because I don’t think she’s as great a singer as everyone else seems to believe, or it could be because I had to listen to a co-worker sing her praises for three years straight with no break. Either way, if I see that she’ll be performing on any program I plan to watch, I don’t watch it. If I hear her on the radio, the channel is changed immediately. So I stand here today to say…My name is Danica Avet and I’m a Celine hater.
Now, those are 7 things you didn’t know about me, and probably didn’t want to know about me.
As a reminder, I’ll be picking a winner from the people who comment on yesterday’s post about my next project. The winner will be announced tomorrow on Fantasy Man Friday.